teal flowers

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The One


So since our camera died a few weeks ago and I have been dying to have it back. I decided yesterday that I was going to start doing some research. Our last camera was very easy to use, no exciting details, no over-your-head technical stuff. Which is what we asked for when we went to the store to buy one. We felt like we got it for a good price. It was less than $200. But it turns out that I was really frustrated with that camera. The zoom was dreadful. The quality of the pictures wasn't great either. So I have found that I really am not that devastated about it's untimely death. In fact I am overjoyed! This means that I can get a much better camera without having to justify anything to myself.
So when I was looking online yesterday I found this great website at hunch.com, where I was able to take a little quiz and find out the perfect camera for me! It actually gave me a list of cameras that fit my criteria. The camera I chose was actually second on the list. The first was a Sony, and while I have no problem with Sony in general, I do have a small gripe about their batteries. We had a Sony camera previous to this last one and I loved it, but you had to buy the Sony batteries. Which of course were really expensive. So I was determined to stay away from that if I could.
The one pictured above is the Canon Powershot SX110IS. It has great reviews and costs around $250. I am in love! I have seen it for less on different websites so I think we could save some money by shopping around. Anyway, I am very excited and wanted to share it. I hope this wasn't too boring for you!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I have a Canon Powershot something-or-other! I love it. It takes great pictures, we can use rechargeable camera batteries or AAs or whatever, and it's been going strong for 3+ years now (eek, I don't want to say that though and jinx it or something; I can't live without my camera!!)

Rebecca said...

I hope you get it!

Jenny Allen said...

Good luck finding a good deal! Looks like a nice camera!