teal flowers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Books

I have spent a lot of time cultivating a love affair with books for my children. And I am happy to say that it has paid off amazingly well. I have read books to them at least twice a day for the better part of four years. They LOVE books! I keep them in the car, and in the church bag. Our bookshelves in the living room are full of books at their level so that they can access them whenever they want to. It brings joy to my heart whenever I look over and see one of them doing this:

We also go to the library every week to pick up new books to read during our reading times before nap and bedtime. My kids love the library and they are always excited to hear that we have new books to read. Books have made Sacrament meeting more enjoyable for us as well. I replace the books in the bag every week and it keeps them both quiet and occupied for most of the hour. I'm so grateful that my love for reading has carried over into their lives and that it is something we can share.

5 comments:

Gina Rochelle said...

Books are great! My kids LOVE books too and will all sit for hours reading their library books (fabulous thing, libraries). Emma reads most the books to us now, even our scripture stories. My only problem is that the kids leave the library books on the floor and the lil boys (my baby and the one I watch) have torn out pages. I don't want to punish them by taking the books away (it's like saying you were naughty in church so you can't go back) but this disrespect of library property has to stop. hmmm. I guess I'll have to do all the reading.

Beth said...

We love books, too! We have to make a trip to the library every week to keep Logan's space obsession fed. Every month on my blog (the link's on my Facebook), I review our favorites with Logan's help -- it's fun. :-)

Rebecca said...

Eve is now in the stage of "reading" the books to us or her stuffed animals. It's fun. I should bring more books to church-thanks for the idea!

Steven and Becky Trujillo said...

Good job Keely! Way to get them into it while they are young!

Becky Trujillo

Sarah C said...

That is great. My kids love to read books too.