teal flowers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY


IT HAS ARRIVED


Our very first paycheck in 4 years, and I couldn't be happier. At first we thought that it was going to be very insignificant because Nate had only worked half the pay period, but we must have done something right because it was nearly the full amount for the pay period :)


The only problem was that they mailed it to us insteadof depositing it directly. Which I must admit I suspected would be the case, but secretly I was hoping that things had improved in the 4 years we had been away from a paying job so that there would be no wait period for Direct Depositing. *Sigh* This is a problem because we belong to the bnk formerly known as Washington Mutual. Which is slowly morphing into Chase. This was not too much of an ibconvenience when we lived in Chicago because there were both WaMu and Chase banks in our area. When the switch began we could start to use the Chase branches but only for certain things. We couldn't use the ATM's at first and then we could, but only to withdraw, not to deposit. We had to do our banking inside the the branch at a special counter just for WaMuers. It was a special kind of segregation, but anyway...There are/were NO WaMu's in Michigan. Which meant that the Chase branches would not be equipped to handle our business. So I called Chase and asked them what I was supposed to do. Their answer? "All the Chase branches in IL will be WaMu compatible by July 27th". This is important because we opened our account in IL. So once that happens we will officially be Chase customers and will have access to everything Chase has to offer anywhere in the country.


As wonderful as that is, it still left us with the better part of two month's completely unable to deposit ANYTHING in the bank. Thankfully the Lord inspired my parents to follow us to IL and then to stay there after we moved. So whenever we get a check I mail it to my dad and he deposits it for me. But I must say it is not a preferrable situation and I will be happy to have it be a distant memory in my psyche.


We recieved the first paycheck last friday and I put it in the mail on saturday and it is in our account as of this morning! All I can say is "YAY"! It feels good to have real money that we don't have to pay back with interest!

1 comment:

Sarah C said...

Yay! I remember when we got our first paycheck. It was a very exciting day. I hope intern year goes well for you.